LOGICnow MAX Backup can be used to recover a system from scratch.
Bare metal recovery allows you to recover your system directly to bare hardware (or VM) without a prior OS installation and return to its previous state.
Supported operating systems (as of 2016-10-06):
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2
Operating system requirement applies to the source computer and to the computer on which the bootable media is created.
To get started:
- Go to MAX Backup Additional Tools page, from the ‘BARE METAL RECOVERY’ section, select either .EXE download (for creating bootable USB drive) or .ISO download (for creating bootable DVD drive)
- Install or burn the Bare Metal Recovery tool on your USB drive or DVD drive.
- Boot the USB drive / DVD drive you just created (Make sure the BIOS/UEFI settings are intact. If you boot in a mode that isn’t compatible with the firmware used on the source computer, the restore session will fail.)
- Configure or confirm network settings using the command line options (use number to perform the task)
- Backup Manager wizard will open in a chromium-embedded browser, enter the backup device configuration.
- Go to Restore » Bare Metal Recovery » adjust the settings as appropriate.
- Choose the data to restore.
- Finally, click ‘Restore’ to begin the restore process.